Mold Removal in Manassas Area
In the Manassas area, mold is a real problem for many families. That’s because it can cause irritation and allergic reactions to people in the household. Mold thrives in humid environment, and as we all know, the summer months are very humid in Northern Virginia.
What is mold?
Mold is a microscopic particle that exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to completely remove all mold from a home or business. However, it doesn’t necessarily need to be removed, nor does it become a problem until the humidity – or moisture level – increases. That’s when mold particles begin to grow in number, and form colonies. These colonies are the culprit when it comes to producing allergens and irritants for people, especially to children and people with compromised immune systems.
Another effect of excess mold is the strong odor it produces. It’s an odor that you won’t want to smell again, if you’ve ever smelled it before. If that smell is in your home, where you and your family expect to be comfortable, and to relax, you'll want to get rid of it immediately.
For this reason it is important to monitor the humidity level in your home, especially in Northern Virginia, where the humidity is present year-round, and the summer months can produce conditions in the environment that are favorable for mold growth.
Generally, you want to keep the humidity level below 49%. This is the level at which these mold particles start to thrive and form colonies, producing the odor and causing allergic reactions in many people.
SERVPRO of North Prince William County properly inspects your home for mold, identifies the cause of the odor, and completely removes it without a trace. Give us a call for more information on our mold removal process today!